Thursday, December 1, 2011

Let Them

Warning, The following post has next to nothing to do with graphic design. Abandon ship now, or read on.

Yep, as a warned you, this post is just about something I wanted to talk about that does not involve graphic design. So if you are not interested in graphics than this post may actually be interesting to you :P. Anyways, today I woke up to an old world full of little white snowflakes and drooping trees. My window is conveniently right in front of my bed so I could immediately see the outside universe, this meant that I could see the weather and realize that I had absolutely no intention of getting out of bed, crawling into the shower and getting ready for my day. But alas, five minutes after I awoke, the obnoxious screeching of my alarm clock threatened me to seriously get out of bed. So I did, I listened to the pressure my alarm clock was holding on me and I got up! I went to the shower, turned on the water and sat on the floor waiting for the water to warm up. Before I knew it, I was marching towards the car to go to school. My shoes were missing and I rudely accused my mother of throwing them somewhere. She calmly looked around and once I had given up and was ready to leave barefoot, she found them. I stuffed my feet in and drove away with my sister.

Whether it was the snow or my cozy bed or loosing my shoes, I had no right to get all snippy and start my day wrong. As soon as I realized this, a rainbow appeared in front of the car (nah just kidding), I actually felt terribly and figured today was just wasted day where I would just be upset. I knew tonight was going to be awful (because of "certain" things) and decided to not even try to make it better. Then I arrived at school, and had laughter crawling all over me. I felt unexpected joy and forgot my morning and tonight altogether. I saw then how one person can completely change your day, as long as you are willing. I was willing, I was so willing to let my day be overcome with joy. This day went well, and who would have thought it would. I certainly did not. My point here is, if someone wants to make your day better, let them, let them sweep you away with joy. You will be grateful in the end.

1 comment:

  1. I love this story :) This happens to me atleast once a week.

    ReplyDelete