Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Package Designer?

     Lately I have been thinking a lot about what I will become when I launch out of school. There is also the enormous question (which I drag around everywhere) of what I will go to collage for. Well, I figure that since I love graphic design so much I can use that.
   
     For quite sometime I have wanted to become a package designer. I sure love cool packaging, and packaging is growing every day. It is not a job many people think of, It came to me when I was at the grocery store trying to find a good shampoo. I had no Idea which shampoo I wanted or how they are different. So I went with fun way of picking out a shampoo. I searched the isle for the most interesting, cool, unique and colorful bottle. And I found several! Then I narrowed my choices to which shampoo was best and not animal tested. After about twenty minutes my dad (who was shopping with me) came to me and said, "I didn't  know picking out a shampoo was so difficult." My response was simple, "Well dad I did have to search through about fifty bottles to find the one that I want to see every day in my shower." He laughed as expected. I then held up two bottles to him and asked, "Which one looks more interesting?" He pointed to one, and we headed to the checkout. So now when I wake up I can admire my bottle of shampoo. It is silly but I figure I must not be the only person who determines what they want by the packaging. So, why not be a package designer, It would be both fun, inventive, and it includes graphic design. My idea came out of no where, so when you are somewhere like the grocery store, think about what intrigues you. Their is no guarantee you will like this job till you get into collage but all ideas lead to the greatest idea of all.

   To show you just how fun package designing is, and would be, I will show you some of my favorite packaging. Maybe you have never noticed how cool things like packaging can be.

                                     
Tea Bags
Soy Milk
               
Dino Gum!
Sport Drink
A really beautiful bottle for Evian
A YKM shopping bag
Headphones




A sports shoebox


No comments:

Post a Comment