Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Self Discipline and Success

     Is self discipline a direct link to being successful? I say yes it is, and since I am the author of this blog, I am giving my opinion on the idea. To classify someone as a successful person is to classify an animal as "happy." Success can be seen as, having a great job, having more than enough money, loving life, or having polite kids. There are more than enough ways to classify someone as successful. Because of this, it would be very difficult to directly place anyone into one category of success and that self direction would lead to some sort of it. Thankfully, with the wise brains of us humans, we can come up with opinions! Aah, yes, opinions are always a way to classify something that may not be completely correct. So why not believe the opinionated theory that self direction leads to success.

     Learning lessons at a young age is completely different than learning something at an older age, whether it be a few months older, or several years older. Once humans can comprehend what is wanted, they react to it, but before that certain age there is no guarantee that someone will understand what is desired. Anyways, what I am trying to say is that if someone has a low amount of self discipline, there is a chance that that persons control will change as they age. I for one, would not have known if doing something was absolutely terrible when I was four. Now that I understand more, I can retain myself from doing what I shouldn't. I do have a fair amount of self discipline and I plan to be successful in life, at least my idea of successful.

     The idea that self discipline is connected to success is completely understandable. The base of this theory, in my eyes is that if you have the self discipline to aim for success and wait for it, you will be successful.

     In terms of graphic design, self discipline is something you absolutely need. As a graphic designer, you have the ability to be flexible and work on your own time, when you want. If you are anything like me, you probably put off projects and get lazy toward the end of a project. The sad truth is that, the end of a painting or photo-manipulation is just as important as the beginning. If you let yourself slack off, than you better bite the bullet and get on top of your projects! Success is waiting at the end of self discipline, why would you ever want to hold back success?



3 comments:

  1. I so appreciate your voice within your writing. Looking back at your earlier posts, you have found your own style of writing that has its own fluidity. The depth you go into for each post is just enough to keep the reader engaged, but also enough to share your style and your voice. I have seen great improvement in not only grammar, but spelling as well. If you have more specific goals you would like me to help you reach, please talk with me (or send an email). Keep blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I always appreceate your thoughtful comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what Megan said and we think you should "think" about teaching a blogging class or a graphic design class in the future!

    ReplyDelete