Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tango and Chance

     Hey everyone! I am here posting for yet another unrelated graphics topic. Although their usually is a way to tie thing into graphic design so maybe by the end of this post I will. Anyway, I would like to introduce you all to my two parakeets, Tango and Chance. I want to tell you about their ridiculous relationship and how much everyone should learn from a couple of birds.

     A brief history of my parakeets is; Tango was bought from a pet store about ten months ago. She was very happy in her new home with me although she was kind of feisty. It took me several months to tame her but soon I was able to have her sit on my finger. My two friends had baby parakeets last spring and asked me if I wanted one. Of course I just had to say yes to getting a partner for my Tango and they were irresistibly adorable. So I received a baby budgie who was named Chance. Chance is also a girl because I really can not have any baby birdies of my own. Anyway, Chance was hand raised and already tame when I got her. She was perfect and adorable and had little to no problem living with Tango.

     Of course the two birds lived and live in the same cage now but they kept to themselves. Oh I forgot to mention that my sister also got a baby parakeet too. But her parakeet lived in her room as my parakeets lived in mine. Well, Tango and Chance became closer an closer, they soon started grooming each other. I enjoyed seeing them happy and was excited to see if they could become any closer. They were both girls and normally only male and female birds bond. Soon I realized that yes, my parakeets could grow even fonder of each other. Before I knew it they were regurgitating food to each other. Yes it sounds disgusting but it is really cute. My friends feared that they were male and female but we all knew that they were both girls. Tango and Chance have now become inseparable, they even show jealousy when my sisters parakeet is  visiting. They show such emotion and love in each other that it just shows humans how animals possess feelings. Even if the animal is the size of your hand like my birds, they can still have so much love and emotion. 

     A step further into what I am saying is, give animals a chance. Even if they seem silly and just sit in a cage, try giving them a friend. Because without a friend we can never know if true feelings are showing through. I hope you take this into your own life and consider how much your friends affect you. Sometimes, just like my parakeets you get in fights. But if you're strong and care deeply for your friend, your love won't be swayed by a little tiff. Anyways, enjoy your friends and let your pets have friends too.  Care about everyone and everythings emotions.


3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love birds and their weirdness. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddy - as I have said before you are an amazing and thoughtful writer. You speak a lot of wisdom in your blogs. It must have been fun for you to watch the birds become better friends day by day. You are so right about caring about all living things. We have two cats - they are sisters. We adopted them together because I couldn't stand to separate them. They go through phases just like humans. Sometimes they really like each other and sometimes they can't stand each other. Eventually, they come back to loving each other. Keep up the awesome blogging, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I grew up with a parrot, Leon. What a hoot he was! This is an adorable story about love and friendship. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete