Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Artistic Nouns

     Oh the art of grammar. Yep that's right, I am now considering grammar an art. Of course I am sure many of you consider writing and poetry an art but have you ever thought of grammar individually being an art. If you have, kudos to you. If you have not, then you are in the same boat as me. So, why is grammar an art you ask?

     Well today I am just going to talk about nouns and their artistic abilities. Nouns as you probably know, are  defined as a person, place, or thing. Simple right? Just kidding, there is so much more to nouns than that which meets the eye. Nouns also have this incredible ability to be complicated, I am talking plurals an possessives here. I never really understood what that meant, but now I do! You wonder why a noun has an apostrophe on it and why it changes position in different nouns. This is pure grammar art. It is tricky if you do not know how possessive and plural nouns work so try learning! Grammar is very important in graphic design if you are ever trying to describe your image, set up a website or sell your artwork. Correct grammar shows you care and are knowledgeable about what you are making or selling.

     So, here you go, here are are some fantastic websites for learning about nouns. It may take you a moment or two to understand (that's what happened with me) but once you do, trust me it will be helpful. Good luck

http://www.wisc-online.com/Objects/ViewObject.aspx?ID=wcn1601

http://www.wisc-online.com/Objects/ViewObject.aspx?ID=WCN6502

No comments:

Post a Comment